Eusebi Deli (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we take your privacy very seriously. We are strong believers in building excellent trust with our customers. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Eusebi Deli Glasgow Ltd. of 152 Park Road, Glasgow, G4 9HB.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller in compliance with the Act.
The following statement explains our policy on the processing of our customers’ data.
We will hold your details on our internal system. We will ensure our reasonably best efforts and endeavours are used to ensure the security of your details by using up to date industry practices to guard against unauthorised access, use, disclosure or loss.
It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details. It is also possible to order from us without creating a user account by using our guest checkout process. However, you will need to provide us certain details to complete an order from us.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Use of Personal Information
We will only ask for personal information from you where it is necessary for us to provide our service to you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us.
- You may give us information about you when you set up an account on www.eusebideli.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, using our online contact form or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create a user account on our site, update your user account on our site, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, if any, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and/or a photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate in the future or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- Only to collect personal information where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. For example, we will ask for your name, email, billing address, delivery address and telephone number when you register with us;
- To review the products you buy on our website to enable us to give you information about products and services that you may be interested in;
- To keep a record of your emails to us to assist in our management of your account with us.
- To communicate with you (see section on Contacting You);
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group at this time or in the future, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Payment gateways and other payment processors
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into, either with them or with you
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Eusebi Deli or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not knowingly sell or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties, other than under the scenarios described in this section. That is our promise to you.
- Where we Store your Personal Information
Our store is hosted on Cloudabove. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more information on their services, please refer to their website www.cloudabove.com.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- Contacting You
We may occasionally need to contact you to enable us to fulfil your order correctly. For example, if an item you have ordered is unavailable or if your delivery day needs to be changed, we would need to contact you. On such an occasion, we will normally try to reach you by telephone or email.
From time to time, we may also send you a letter, email or other communication, telling you about new products or special offers. We might also ask for your views on our products or services to improve the way we service customers.
We will not send you any non-administrative emails or text messages without your consent. You can choose your preferences in this respect when you register with or order from us. You can update or change your preferences afterwards when you place a subsequent order or by contacting our office. If you do any of these things, we will honour your updated preferences.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer and used by us each time you visit our website. Cookies are used by the vast majority of websites to provide convenience features that save you time.
- Make our shopping basket and checkout pages work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Recognise you when you revisit our website if you haven’t previously logged out (by storing your password and username in an encrypted format) and thus to continue shopping without logging in again while keeping the contents from your previous visit in your shopping basket
- Allow you to ‘Like’ or share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Count the number of unique and return visitors who use out website
- Allow Google Analytics to track, on an anonymous basis, how people have reached our website (e.g. from a search engine), which allows us to make our marketing more efficient and put more money into developing our services
- Collect any personally identifiable or sensitive information (unless you have expressly provided us that information, e.g. as part of creating an account, placing an order or submitting a contact form)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Retrieve any personal information about you from your computer
- Track your use of the Internet on websites that are not our own
Security is important to us and we understand that when making payments online you need to have confidence in the website you are transacting through. We have highly secure facilities and processes to put your mind at ease.
We will never have access to any of your card details. At no time will any card details be stored on our website’s servers. At no time will we ask you to save your credit card details with us.
We process all payments through Global Pay, an established online payment gateway that is certified to the highest security standards (PCI Level 1 Service Provider). You can confirm their certification in Visa’s Registry of Service Providers.
Eusebi Deli payment pages use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), i.e. our payment pages begin with “https” and not “http”. SSL does two main things: (1) encrypt data being transmitted and (2) verify that our browser is talking to the right payment gateway servers to minimise middle-man interception risk.
As part of the checkout process we undertake the following checks to prevent fraudulent use of cards:
- CVC check (card verification code) – The CVV is a 3 or 4 digit number on either the front or the back of a card This check verifies that the customer has entered the correct code as shown on the card, a good indicator that they have the card physically present in their hands when making the order. Card companies forbid the storage of CVV codes, so if a credit card is stolen online it would not be useable.
- Address Verification System (AVS) – AVS compares the numeric portion of the customer’s billing address and post code to the information on file with the card issuer. This check is also a useful indicator for determining whether the payment is being made by the genuine card holder.
- Country of card issue – This check looks at the IP address of the computer from where the order was made and compares the country of the buyer’s billing address to the country the buyer placed the order from. This is used as an additional check and there’s no fixed rule on rejection/acceptance since an order could be placed from abroad if, for example, a person is travelling.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to record visitor data. We use this data solely for our own purposes of improving our website. The data is not shared or sold to any third parties. We do not use any data for the purpose of providing advertising or promoting third parties.
- Your Account and Password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
During any online session you will be able to see and amend the details you have provided to us by logging into your account.
- Your Rights
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Act and comply with the Act in our dealings with your personal data. The Act protects your personal data by providing, amongst other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Changes to this Policy
152 Park Road
Alternatively, you may contact us using our Contact Form.